The most festive time of the year has arrived, and for this occasion, we bring you a very special challenge. For this month, we will draw inspiration from a Christmas tale: A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens. Are you familiar with it? If not, I urge you to look for more information, as it is a truly beautiful story.
🎄 Here's a summary of the story:
Ebenezer Scrooge, a bitter and miserly man who despises Christmas, on Christmas Eve is visited by three ghosts who show him his past, present, and future. These experiences transform Scrooge, who, upon waking on Christmas morning, embraces generosity and compassion, redeeming himself and committing to live a more fulfilling and compassionate life. The story highlights the capacity for change even in the hardest hearts when the values of Christmas are embraced.
In this challenge, you will create a score in Flat that has to be divided into five parts:
1. Capture the anti-Christmas attitude of the main character before the ghosts' visit.
2. Capture the visit of the past ghost.
3. Capture the present ghost's visit.
4. Capture the future ghost's visit.
5. Express the main character's change in attitude.
- The composition must be an original song created specifically for this challenge in Flat.
- With the annotation tool specify where each section of the score begins.
- Collaborations are not allowed this time.
- The song must be 1-3 minutes long. We know this is a very limited time but we're getting so many submissions lately, we want to make sure we can carefully review each of them❣️
- You can only submit one score.
- External audio sources can be used (doing so won't influence the results).
- Deadline: December 31st. No late submissions.
- Remember we can not consider private scores.
✅ Accuracy (30)
How accurately the song represents the story.
✅ Engagement (30)
How well your song captures the listener's attention for its entire duration.
✅ Transitions (30)
How smooth and well-designed the song's transitions are (e.g. modulations).
✅ Founder Enjoyment (10)
How much the founders of Tutteo, the company behind Flat, like your piece.
If you win more than once during the period of the yearly subscription you won, the prize will be applied as follows:
- You can give away the yearly subscription to a person who does not have a premium subscription yet of your choice.
- If you decide to keep the prize for yourself, we will add one extra month to the annual subscription you already won, and the second place will be awarded the annual subscription prize.
- Subscribe to our YouTube channel (2 points).
🥇 The score with the most points wins!
We'll announce the winner on January 11th.
🏆 One-year Premium subscription.
- Promotion in our blog and social media.
- Special badge for a year showing you as the winner of this month's challenge!
Please send your submission 👉🏽 here.
Submissions received after the deadline will not be considered.
⚠ Private scores cannot be reviewed! Please make your score public before submitting it.
After submitting, we will manually add your score to the Challenge tab on the Flat Community Page. This isn't an automatic process, so you'll need to have a bit of patience.
We can't wait to hear what you come up with!