Hope: it's that radiant guide illuminating our path in the darkest of times, becoming an unwavering source of strength even as defeat looms.
It demonstrates unwavering faith, whispering melodies of a brighter future. With each chord, hope ignites a fire within, urging us to reach beyond existing boundaries and create a better world. Like a guiding melody, hope can compose a new reality as we surpass the limits of what was once deemed possible.
Today I am feeling very inspired, as you may have noticed! And so the theme of this month's challenge is precisely that powerful part of our lives: Hope.
This month, try to reflect on a moment where hope has been essential in overcoming a situation, and then write a song about how that kind of hope feels to you in Flat.
And of course, as this can be a deeply personal issue, you certainly don't have to share specific details of the situation in your composition 🙂.
- The composition must be an original song created specifically for this challenge in Flat.
- Collaborations are not allowed this time!
- The song must be 1-5 minutes long. We know this is a very limited time but we're getting so many submissions lately, we want to make sure we can carefully review each of them❣️
- You can only submit one score.
- External audio sources can be used (doing so won't influence the results).
- Deadline: August 6th. No late submissions.
✅ Accuracy (30)
How well the song embodies a feeling of hope.
✅ Engagement (30)
How well your song captures the listener's attention for its entire duration.
✅ Transitions (30)
How smooth and well-designed the song's transitions are (e.g. modulations).
✅ Founder Enjoyment (2)
How much the founders of Tutteo, the company behind Flat, like your piece.
✅ Last challenge winner enjoyment (8)
How much the winner of the last challenge likes your piece.
If you win more than once during the period of the yearly subscription you won, the prize will be applied as follows:
- You can give away the yearly subscription to a person who does not have a premium subscription yet of your choice.
- If you decide to keep the prize for yourself, we will add one extra month to the annual subscription you already won, and the second place will be awarded the annual subscription prize.
- Subscribe to our YouTube channel (2 points).
- Use only three instruments for the composition: one wind, one string, and one percussion. The number of parts in the score does not matter, meaning you can have multiple violins, a trumpet, and two triangles, for example . For the purposes of this challenge, we will consider the piano as a string instrument. (10 points).
🥇 The score with the most points wins!
We'll announce the winner on August 11th.
🏆 One-year Premium subscription.
- Promotion in our blog and social media.
- Special badge for a year showing you as the winner of this month's challenge!
- You can help us choose next month's winner.
Please send your submission 👉🏽 here.
Submissions received after the deadline will not be considered.
⚠ Private scores cannot be reviewed! Please make your score public before submitting it.
After submitting, we will manually add your score to the Challenge tab on the Flat Community Page. This isn't an automatic process, so you'll need to have a bit of patience.
We can't wait to hear what you come up with!