Have you ever wondered what is love? This is a question that people have explored for centuries. Philosophers in particular have offered various interpretations and meanings, yet one thing is clear: love plays a crucial role in our lives.
In Plato's "The Symposium," a famous philosophical work, several characters share their views on love at a dinner party. Here's a simpler overview of their positions:
- Phaedrus praises love as a powerful and noble force that motivates individuals to achieve great deeds and act virtuously to gain their loved ones' admiration.
- Pausanias makes a distinction between two types of love: one that is physical and driven by desire, and another that is spiritual, seeking knowledge and wisdom.
- Eryximachus, a doctor, views love as a universal principle that contributes to harmony and balance, not just in human relationships but in the natural world as well.
- Aristophanes suggests humans were once double beings split in two by Zeus, and love is our quest to find our other half.
- Agathon, a young poet, idealizes love as the fountain of all goodness and beauty, portraying it as a youthful and divine force.
- Socrates, through the teachings of Diotima, a priestess, sees love as a journey toward immortality, wisdom, and ultimately, understanding of the highest form of good.
In this challenge, choose one of the perspectives on love and create a score in Flat that embodies that perspective.
- The composition must be an original song created specifically for this challenge in Flat.
- Please include the specific perspective you chose in the description of your score.
- Collaborations are not allowed this time.
- The song must be 1-3 minutes long. We know this is a very limited time but we're getting so many submissions lately, we want to make sure we can carefully review each of them❣️
- You can only submit one score.
- External audio sources can be used (doing so won't influence the results).
- Deadline: February 29th. No late submissions.
- Remember we can not consider private scores.
✅ Accuracy (30)
How accurately the song represents the love perspective you chose.
✅ Engagement (30)
How well your song captures the listener's attention for its entire duration.
✅ Transitions (30)
How smooth and well-designed the song's transitions are (e.g. modulations).
✅ Founder Enjoyment (10)
How much the founders of Tutteo, the company behind Flat, like your piece.
If you win more than once during the period of the yearly subscription you won, the prize will be applied as follows:
- You can give away the yearly subscription to a person who does not have a premium subscription yet of your choice.
- If you decide to keep the prize for yourself, we will add one extra month to the annual subscription you already won, and the second place will be awarded the annual subscription prize.
- Subscribe to our YouTube channel (2 points).
🥇 The score with the most points wins!
We'll announce the winner on March 8th.
🏆 One-year Premium subscription.
- Promotion in our blog and social media.
- Special badge for a year showing you as the winner of this month's challenge!
Please send your submission 👉🏽 here.
Submissions received after the deadline will not be considered.
⚠ Private scores cannot be reviewed! Please make your score public before submitting it.
After submitting, we will manually add your score to the Challenge tab on the Flat Community Page. This isn't an automatic process, so you'll need to have a bit of patience.
We can't wait to hear what you come up with!