February's challenge was inspired by this feeling that has been the cause of great works of art throughout history: love.
For this Valentine’s special we invite you to compose a song for the painting The kiss by Gustav Klimt.
The idea is to capture the essence of the painting. You must generate a musical environment where two different instruments personify each of the characters.
💡 In the score's description you can share which instrument personifies which character, and explain the reasoning behind your choice.
- It must be an original song specially created for this challenge.
- Collaborations are allowed (max. 3 composers).
- The duration of the song must be between 1 to 3 minutes. Scores longer than 3 minutes will not be considered.
- You can only submit one score.
- External audio sources can be used (it will not influence the results).
- Deadline: 24th February. No late submissions!
✅ Accuracy (30)
How well your song the painting.
✅ Engagement (30)
How well your song captures one's attention for its entire duration.
✅ Transitions (30)
How smooth and well-designed the song's transitions are (e.g. modulations).
✅ Founder Enjoyment (2)
How the founders of Tutteo, the company behind Flat, like your piece.
✅ Last challenge winner enjoyment (8)
How the winner of the last challenge likes your piece.
- Subscribe to our YouTube channel (1 point).
- Send us a video of you explaining your creative process for this challenge, that we can share on social media (5 points).
- Use only minor keys (2 points).
- Use this instrumentation: drums, triangle, strings, oboe and flute (5 points). Note: you can add more instruments.
🥇 The score with the most points wins.
We will announce the winner on the 3d March!
🏆 One-year Premium subscription.
- Promotion in our blog and social media.
- Special badge for a year showing you as the winner of this month's challenge!
- You can help us choose next month winner.
Please send your submission 👉🏽 here.
Late submissions will not be considered.