Hello! I'm really excited to announce this challenge because it's a topic that many people have asked for. We always think it's good to choose very broad themes so that everyone feels welcome and inspired to participate. We know that not everyone here plays video games, but we wanted to please the many users who suggested this for the challenges.
Don't worry if you're not an expert in video games, you can still join in! Don't be discouraged, and dare to explore your creativity.
In this challenge, we invite you to create an original soundtrack for your favorite video game! There is an extra condition. You have to imagine that you are a character in the video game, and one of the instruments you choose have to represent yourself in the score.
- The composition must be an original song created specifically for this challenge in Flat.
- Write a short description of your character in the video game and explain which instrument you choose to represent it (and why you chose that particular one).
- Add a short description of the videogame.
- Collaborations are allowed this time (maximum 3 composers)! If you decide to collaborate, each composer must have a character represented by an instrument. For example, if there are three composers, there should be three characters personified by three different instruments in the score.
- The song must be 1-3 minutes long. We know this is a very limited time but we're getting so many submissions lately, we want to make sure we can carefully review each of them❣️
- You can only submit one score.
- External audio sources can be used (doing so won't influence the results).
- Deadline: October 5th. No late submissions.
- Remember we can not consider private scores.
✅ Accuracy (30)
How accurately the song represents the chosen video game. Feel free to include information about your composition decisions for us to take into consideration during the evaluation.
✅ Engagement (30)
How well your song captures the listener's attention for its entire duration.
✅ Transitions (30)
How smooth and well-designed the song's transitions are (e.g. modulations).
✅ Founder Enjoyment (10)
How much the founders of Tutteo, the company behind Flat, like your piece.
If you win more than once during the period of the yearly subscription you won, the prize will be applied as follows:
- You can give away the yearly subscription to a person who does not have a premium subscription yet of your choice.
- If you decide to keep the prize for yourself, we will add one extra month to the annual subscription you already won, and the second place will be awarded the annual subscription prize.
- Subscribe to our YouTube channel (2 points).
- We want to motivate more free users to participate in the challenges, so we're offering bonus points for them (5 points).
🥇 The score with the most points wins!
We'll announce the winner on October 12th.
🏆 One-year Premium subscription.
- Promotion in our blog and social media.
- Special badge for a year showing you as the winner of this month's challenge!
Please send your submission 👉🏽 here.
Submissions received after the deadline will not be considered.
⚠ Private scores cannot be reviewed! Please make your score public before submitting it.
After submitting, we will manually add your score to the Challenge tab on the Flat Community Page. This isn't an automatic process, so you'll need to have a bit of patience.
We can't wait to hear what you come up with!