As usual, we want to keep you in the loop on our latest product updates:
Web music editor
Create and edit custom instruments directly in the editor
Now you’ve got even more musical possibilities easily available with Flat:
💡 Learn all about our custom instruments in this tutorial.
You can now decide if a slur goes above or below the staff:
💡Read more information on our dedicated help page.
New voice selector
We released an improvement for the voice selector tool:
- We were receiving lots of questions about how to insert a second voice on a staff, so we designed an icon that would make it clearer.
- We also made another tweak: you no longer need to select a voice in order to remove it; instead, you can remove the first voice while editing the second one.
iOS mobile app
🐛iOS bugs fixed
- Crash for German users: if the language settings of your device were in German, the app crashed.
- Reloading a score was not working correctly (the score appeared empty after).
Android Mobile app
- In-app help page.
- Playback settings (playback speed and metronome).
- Community tab.
- Display/Hide concert pitch button. Before, the Concert Pitch button was always shown for pitched instruments.
- We removed the possibility of opening the side menu with a gesture to avoid opening it inadvertently. You can now use the top right menu button to open it.
🐛Android bugs fixed
- The “merge rests” option for the PDF export switch was not enabled; now it is.
Views are back
We added back the views counter:
The month of amour! With this prevailing mood, February's challenge is inspired by the feeling that has been at the root of great works of art throughout history: love.
For this Valentine special, we invite you to compose a song for Gustav Klimt’s painting The Kiss.
Bach in time competition
The competition consists of a series of rounds, each round dedicated to a certain era in music. As each round progresses, we’ll go further back in history, so that there will be rounds including Contemporary music, Jazz/Ragtime, Romantic classical, Classical, and Baroque Classical.
🔗 Learn more about this competition here.
Composer of the month
February's composer is ✨Unnatural✨
We learned a lot during our interview, and we're sure you will oo.
We'll share the interview very soon!
Would you do something for us?
You'll get great content while supporting our project 🤩.
If you have any questions, feedback, or suggestions for our product team, please reach out to us: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Have a wonderful day!